Friday, May 24, 2013

The Mississipi Flyway--a few of our recent sightings.

 

This is a pretty amazing place in the spring.  We both saw scarlet tanagers this week. Adobe pro colour can't touch this bird. Any photos are just not representative of the real thing--only your brain can process it. Awesome!! I've always loved cedar waxwings, don't know much about them. 

 
 
 
  
We had to go next door to pick up Winston's health records this afternoon.  I have to say equine health records are pretty awful from what I've seen so far. I was away for quite a while today with my awesome TRC crew at our eagle and Cooper's hawk release, so I needed some animal time, and decided to take Captain Jack with me on our walk.  Keep in mind this is the country and it takes 10-15 min to walk down some of these driveways! He didn't seem to mind at all.  I introduced him to the neighbours after receiving a funny look of course, but as G says, who the hell cares what anybody else thinks. Jack was asleep in my arms while we chatted, only to wake up and screech warning calls when certain birds flew overhead.

Captain Jack as a wee lad!!

Eastern kingbird

 
 
 
Well I had great plans for this post, but it's already 10pm and it's finally dinner time.  Just put Lorpie to bed. Have some pics to put up in the next few days. The rain is here. I miss Wedge. The ducks were bad tonight. Oakley was very good. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment