Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Fell On Black Days


It appears that my internal writing filter/censor is a little off likely due to the shock we experienced this weekend. Some people just shut everything in, I tend to go to both extremes. Hope I haven't offended anyone. But this is not only a blog it's our farm journal, so my thoughts will go down as they happened for the most part.
 
I'm not generally an angry person but sometimes I do get angry when I feel the universe has been unfair (like how Mr. White made it all the way through a tough winter and he is likely dead due to predation now--to me that's sad and unfair-never mind nature taking it's course--remember I'm a sucker for underdog stories).
 
So if I do get angry it can spill out onto other things, not generally people. But the other day when I was doing errands I passed a gas station, where I saw a woman pumping gas with a cigarette hanging from her mouth, and for a second I wanted to go and smack her and ask her why she was being so stupid. It was a momentary thought of course. So I guess I need an outlet other than writing at the moment.  Sometimes it's singing, and I'm grateful that G puts up with it while I play a song over and over and over again while I'm learning it.
 
Best therapy though is taking care of our beasts. So I need to focus on that even more than usual. And of course they make me laugh all the time! We're pretty lucky : )


My first mosaic,before grout.  The four hens who started this all!! Clockwise from top left: Marigold (deceased) Lorpie, Petunia, Millie. I'll be making one for Wedge, and Mr. White, and likely a painting for our most beautiful rooster Mr. Choo who we lost last spring when he developed some sort of polyp in his trachea.
 


Little Choo!
Mr. Choo aka House Chook
 
 
 
 
All grown up! Such a sweet boy.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. yes singing and art ....the best therapy, and your new found writing skill :), of course...xxMOM

    ReplyDelete