Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Rare, May winter storm poised to strike!

Ok, not my words. From the Weather Channel. And it's true.

Here's the radar: http://www.weather.com/weather/map/interactive/USMN0371:1?interactiveMapLayer=radar&baseMap=r&zoom=7
So we might get 3-5 inches of snow overnight...


Don't have much to say about it, except it better not prevent me from getting to TRC tomorrow and Friday for the rest of my course. It's day three tomorrow, and though I'm learning a fair bit, I'm not used to sitting for most of the day, so I squirm through the lectures, and I'm not used to fluorescent lights either, which have always bothered me, so I hide under the brim of my hat.


Glad to get home to the beasts tonight, even though it was already getting dark. We had re-covered the poly tunnel bed with poly yesterday in prep (we had to remove it because it was getting too hot over the weekend and the lettuces were unhappy) I had a few more snow-proofing duties to do, but for the most part I think we're good....


Well I need some couch time for now, so I'll sign off.  I just realized I haven't held a chicken in 24 hours, and that's just wrong.  It's funny what your normal becomes sometimes.


Hopefully our Minnesota lyre bird will by singing tomorrow morning before we leave--it will take the sting out of a 5:30am wakeup. He added a mimic of a redwinged black bird this morning.  Hopefully he doesn't learn ATVs or gunshots.  Any Attenborough fans will know what I'm talking about. ; )

 http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/brown_thrasher/sounds

No comments:

Post a Comment