Lovely bonfire! And some dried hops to scent the not-so-lovely poplar. Certainly was a cold night! We were out for about two hours--roasted some grass fed beef wieners and some spicy chorizo-drank some wine and cider and beer and sang some old wassail songs until my Ipod stopped working in the cold. Then Glenn and Al threatened our apple trees...that if they didn't produce fruit they would be cut down to use for apple smoking meat...
Hope we can do this more often : ) We have to enjoy this bugless season no matter how cold it is!! I bought Glenn a nice cast iron dutch oven so he can cook over the fire more...Not that he needs much encouragement.
Not really sure what this new year will hold, of course. I guess I'm still getting used to not having any idea what my future will be (with no work visa, and not knowing how long G will have this job).
I don't think I've done many of the things I set out to do and try when we decided to move here. I really should revisit that list. I keep making new lists I guess!!
I wonder what I'll be writing about at this time next year....
Happy New Year to any friends and family reading this--thanks for following our journey here. And a special Happy New Year and hello to whoever is reading in Russia! : )
Love hearing about your journey!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see you in the spring.
xo Shana