I'm supposed to be in Minneapolis right now. Probably would just be walking out into the arrivals area searching the crowd for my sweety, who would likely have flowers and a wonderful giant hug for me. The type of hug that makes people in the midwest uncomfortable.
Our plane had a problem with some vital systems, so I'm sitting in a pub with a glass of riesling and a giant plate of chips and guacamole. Home soon......I hope.
I had a great time last night in Cincinnati. My old friends from Vancouver drove 1.5 hours from their new home in Lexington Kentucky to see me. Not many people I know go out of their way like that any more. I usually seem to be the one making the effort. So needless to say I was thrilled and so grateful. I definitely needed some affirmation that friends can still be loyal and generous and selfless.



I saw three carriage horses downtown last night. They were all in good shape, well shod and appeared to have good strong legs to deal with the rigors of walking on concrete. Their harnesses were in good repair and were well fitted.

They probably fared better than I did out on those streets....On my first night in the city I walked for just under an hour to find some gluten free food, since our fancy hotel seemingly had no clue. The next day my legs ached from that walk on the concrete.


Home soon I hope...I miss my very own bear horses.
No comments:
Post a Comment