I'm in Cincinnati Ohio right now. I've left G in charge of the farm with some trepidation and gone off to learn some more about wildlife rehabilitation and conservation of endangered species at the International Wildlife Rehabilitation Council annual symposium. A week away from the farm is hard on both me and G, though I secretly think he likes running the household all by himself as he sees fit.
Some good stories to share, but as of this moment I've been away for almost 90 hours, and I'd really l.like to go home. This morning I woke up after having a nightmare that my house banty rooster Captain Jack was injured and sick. Definitely missing our farm. And perhaps as I learn more about different species and how we impact them and therefore how to protect them, I can reflect on what is actually becoming my own niche even more. I feel like I have several niches, but for now the one calling me most is our wonderful farm.


“Hope” is the thing with feathers - (314)
“Hope” is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -
And sings the tune without the words -
And never stops - at all -
And sweetest - in the Gale - is heard -
And sore must be the storm -
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm -
I’ve heard it in the chillest land -
And on the strangest Sea -
Yet - never - in Extremity,
It asked a crumb - of me.
No comments:
Post a Comment