Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Fall, winter and farriers---edited


I have photography on my mind lately...This recent trip to SE MN made me miss it a lot.  When I was in Vic I knew where to go--Goldstream, Whitty's Lagoon, and any number of lakes, trails or beaches around the peninsula. Here, I just haven't found those types of places. I know they exist! I still haven't spent to time to edit my images from last year in Two Harbors with Coldsnap Photography.  (the one above is from January 2013)  Amazing pancake ice at sunset in Two Harbors, on the north shore of Lake Superior.  The sounds of creaking and groaning and whistling ice reminded me of belugas...It was pretty surreal.  There was an onshore breeze so the ice rafts were pushed against each other  which made just the slightest ripple, making the ice appear fluid as opposed to solid. Pretty amazing...This winter I'd love to go farther north, to Grand Marais to work with a different photographer, Bryan Hansel.

 
 http://www.visitcookcounty.com/communities/grand-marais/ Some pretty great images on this tourist site!! I've never been dog sledding before...maybe I'll have to give it a try...
 
Last winter in Two Harbors I saw my first great grey owl in the wild, and this year I've had the opportunity to work with them in rehab at TRC. Well I originally had some photos posted here of a GGOW I was holding last Friday, but found out that I'm not permitted to post them. So I'll put up some photos of our sweet Wedge roo from back in Vic. So sad we can't keep all of his sons!! The day is approaching rapidly where they will have to go away.... 




Millie!


Dancing for Millie...


Mr. Wedge--super handsome : )


Sweet little Copper : )




I had a great time photographing our young chooks out digging in the leaves yesterday.  Some great images that could use some editing (pretty low light yesterday). It's sort of mesmerizing to watch them--even the sheep were taking a peek.
 
 


 
I dreamed of Lorpie last night, then woke up suddenly.  I realized I'd been having a recurring dream of her.  Miss her so much...
 
Well I have much to do with what's left of the day--I'm leaving in a few hours to go and do anesthesia for a wildlife vet who's learning to do rooster neuter surgeries.  Roos can make super pets so if she can do this successfully and eliminate some or all of the behaviour issues that come with the high testosterone, then maybe a few more can get homes.  I'm thinking of trying it with Shadow 2.  He's such a nice boy already...How do we choose?? I love them all. I just can't imagine a yard without chooks. They are still worth more to me out there than in the freezer.
 
Waiting on my farrier as usual to get back to me--I asked for a detailed quote this time.  It seems he's been randomly charging me 10 bucks more each time.  Not impressed.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment