Monday, October 28, 2013

A few pics to start--Amish B and B and Wren Hill Farm Nigerian Dairy Goat Farm

Well this is where I stayed...story to follow in the next few days I hope.  I'm trying to finish painting the paddock fence since it's not raining/sleeting/snowing/hailing (yet).  So it may take me a while to get back to the blog with all that needs to be done...Yesterday it was 20 C in the guinea coop, and this morning it was 2C. Brrrr!!! My fingertip were frozen in my half-fingered gloves and my coffee was cold by the time I was half finished morning turnout.
 
 
 
Amish Farm and B and B in Canton, MN.
 
 


I got to try an Ashford spinning wheel sort of like this.  I like to think I'm pretty coordinated, but it's surprisingly challenging keeping rhythm with both feet while trying not to screw up the yarn!! Would love to look for a used one.

Her neighbour from a few km away--Wren Hill Farm.  It's a Nigerian Dwarf Dairy goat farm (I was going there to check out he goats and the farm---G really wants these!!) They also have this small flock of Shetland sheep.  I'd really like some Shetland black in our flock...



Hello does!!!

I was grateful that Alan from Wren Hill took the time on his weekend to show me around.  It was his goats that we saw at the state air a few months ago and really liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment