I got up early with G today, so we could have coffee together and so I wouldn't sleep in and waste precious daylight...
We had some time to chat. He left late, as he always does when we end up talking about the farm, and our plans. Oops. Discussions now are focused around winterizing, and moving our growing broods. I'm getting sad that I will have to choose which one or two roosters we will keep, and the rest will have to go. They are all gorgeous birds with so much potential (not for my plate). I will miss them ranging all over the yard, exploring the world, and living as chooks should. It was very distressing recently to see our neighbour's flocks. No quality of life. Life threatening husbandry issues. Dozens died in the heat waves this summer. When you know how different it can be, it's tough to see.
After he left for work I did my morning duties. Humid and gorgeous temp today, but I am in a rotten mood. We had discussed how many days he's going to be away travelling in the next month, and although I knew it was coming, I had pushed it out of my mind. Super bummed about this. Also he just let me know it will be another year before I can get a green card. I just didn't foresee this. This brings all sorts of worry about when I get back to Canada.
Storm late morning was awesome--super strong winds, and a major downpour. Luckily Winst and Oak knew that when the lightning started, it was time to come in, so I encouraged them with my voice and they both ran in from the pasture, just in time for me to close the big barn door. Strange, these SE winds. Gave them both some hay to help them pass the time and hopefully stay stress free...
The harvest moon last night was so bright! But I'm eager for more autumn storms....
The harvest moon last night was so bright! But I'm eager for more autumn storms....
I'm fascinated by your climate! Wish we had more storms - love them! Can we schedule a skype talk soon? would be really nice to catch up!
ReplyDeletethat would be great! what works for you? you should have seen Oak and Win GALLOP in from the pasture tonight!! Thundering hooves make me happy.....
ReplyDelete