Sunday, September 29, 2013

Good bye Lorpie Loo....: (



So our beautiful Lorpie died today...I slept in a bit and when G came to wake me up and tell me our great breakfast was ready I asked him to check in on Lorp in her room.  He came back and told me she was open mouth breathing.  I practically jumped out of bed and went to check on her.  She was standing under the computer desk, very pale and muddy coloured and panting.  You know that saying? "my heart sank" Well, that's how it felt. 
 
I have a lot to say about her life, how she lived, how she made us happy, and how she died.  I'll be working on that story in the next few days.  For anyone who's reading this who just thought "what a sap, it's just a chicken" I invite you to stop reading now.  Really. I don't need you here.  This is intensely personal and part of our journey, and I don't care to have any "judgy non-empathic people" around. My anger part of the grieving process seems to be turning outward right now. 

For over 1400 days I've cared for her, and it will be hard to accept that end, even though I knew it was her time to go, and there was nothing more to be done.

Good bye sweet girl, and thank you.

xo

1 comment:

  1. Love you, and love your love for Lorpi. How I wish I had been able to meet her. xo

    ReplyDelete