Captain Jack was crowing this morning! He seems a lot brighter. Even last night his colour was better.
Winston escaped from their paddock yesterday, into the shoulder height canary grass. Oakley was freaking at being alone. I managed to get Win back before Oak tried something stupid. My best guess is that Win went bushwhacking--at the end of the electric there's a bit of a cleared area (he probably ate all the vegetation) and likely figured why not go straight up a steep hill, through the brush, then down the steep embankment (the gully that channels the seasonal wetland) then straight up the other side to the pasture. If that's how he did it, I would have loved to have had him as a trail horse back in his younger days. Sure footed brave Winny!!
![]() |
| Winny about to eat my aster bouquet |
Wonderful rain yesterday! So west coast. When G got home I was in great spirits, had the tunes blasting in the barn. I'd called Dr. Ed's pager to chat about Win--with his history of founder I wanted to make sure I did what I could. Win escaped a second time and went to the exact same pasture, and had a few hours in it. So when Ed called back he told me to give banamine and probiotics, and repeat the banamine in the morning. Omit any grain, and only feed grass hay as opposed to alfalfa. I was so happy that I had both banamine and probiotics on hand. The clinic dispenses it to owners to keep on hand as part of an emergency kit, and we'd had some for Oakley's uveitis as well. Being prepared really does take the stress out of it!! That reminds me, it's about time I restocked our bandage materials...
If we end up at a place like this:
we will definitely need to be well stocked....






Adventurous Winn!! :)
ReplyDelete