Thursday, June 25, 2015

I've been talking with the angels and it's going to be fine....



It's been a crazy week.  Crazy hot weather. Crazy mean neighbour.  My stepfather just had a surgery to apply radiation to slow some cancer.  He came through it ok.   

I went to the university for bee keeping class today, specifically on queen and colony health.  It was a good distraction.  

Our beautiful hen Pepper is in bad shape.  Her breathing is laboured, and so far her antibiotics haven't helped her. This has been going on for months and months. My vet hasn't been able to diagnose the problem.  I'm afraid she has asper.  Pepper is one of the first three birds we ever raised from chicks. She came with us here from Victoria.  She was the first hen to roost on my head :)  The first precocious girl to learn to climb the stairs into the kitchen.  

She is one of a kind, and I think she may die this week.  Still, at five years with her, I'm not ready.

"Hallelujah, chooks flew up to heaven." That's how I always changed that verse. This song always reminds me of a music festival in Crawford Bay, BC.  The Starbelly Jam festival. 

Please stay, little lady.  

No comments:

Post a Comment