Monday, April 13, 2015

Road trip music




It might seem a bit strange for a road trip to northwestern Minnesota, but after listening to three hours of Permaculture Voices podcasts I needed something loud I could drown out the wind with.  Even my small car was being thrown around out there in the prairie gales.







That's it for now.  I was up at 4 am to get to the prairie chicken blind.  We just barely made it in time--they start coming out while it's still dark.  It was a very cold but amazing three hours out there watching them and doing my best to photograph them. My hands are still swollen from being frozen. It's just one of those things that you learn to deal with, as a cyclist, diver, farmer, equestrian, photographer. And while I'm doing this, my comfort-loving house chickens are likely napping on their couch blankets.  Of course I miss the farm and G already. 

Back out soon for a sunset shoot. Then up at four am again tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment