It's rare that I get an hour or so to sit and do just one thing. In this case I am referring to doing a bit of research and getting a seed and plant order in. I've tried to do this multiple times in the last few weeks, but I've always been interrupted, and the website doesn't save what I 'add to cart' like it does on amazon.
Some days I feel like I just have so many things that need attention I don't know what to tackle. And then inevitably, eight hours later I've gotten little accomplished. And as some of you may know, animals tend to put kinks in your plans. It's just the way it works.
At least today, even though I'm still sick, have AWOL chickens to wrangle, a dirty house and barn, errands to run but no energy to run them, I have accomplished ONE THING. I put my herb order in to the Canadian company I used to ride by on my bike all the time, many years ago when I was in tech school in Ontario.
I'm excited to try these plants out. We are only Zone 4a here in south/central/eastern Minnesota. To BC folks, that's colder than Prince George. We were 9a in Saanich, BC. !!!!!! Just a wee bit of difference.
By the time the New England asters are in bloom and making our bees happy, it will be the end of a hot, dry summer here in the midwest, and I will be once again pining for west coast rain.

No comments:
Post a Comment