Valentine's Day was this past Saturday! We don't usually go overboard with gifts or celebration (or none at all), since we feel we do a pretty good job of appreciating each other every day. But this year I actually knew what to get for him that would be ideal.
We've been watching an Aussie TV show on YouTube called Gourmet Farmer, and learned about a special artisan bread making bowl. So I managed to find one for him. It's called a brotform. G is very good at making bread. Fancy, beautiful, tasty artisan loafs.
The next gift was a mortar and pestle that looked like it could have been found at Stonehenge. It's very coarse and heavy. A very 'manly' kitchen addition (tongue in cheek). But really, it's quite impressive. It's called a molcajete. Looking forward to some salsa made with our own peppers and tomatoes this summer.
He wanted to buy me a new knife, so while out on Friday night at Menard's (best time to shop to avoid as many people as possible) (and when we are gearing up for projects for the weekend) I picked out a nice Gerber paraframe knife. He knows how to spoil me!
My major gift is that we are ordering some commercial sinks for the basement to properly handle all of the farm dishes and mess that accumulates down there, especially in winter. So really it's a gift for the farm, but one that will make my job easier and more enjoyable.
And then, his love expressed in cooking. (need some musical accompaniment here)
He managed to get the recipe for my favourite desert from a Chilean colleague who's mother is the master. Flan! Perfect.
He managed to get the recipe for my favourite desert from a Chilean colleague who's mother is the master. Flan! Perfect.
I am lucky indeed.
I have many more updates to share, but for now I've forgotten most of them, as I'm sleepy from working out in the cold, and the sight of two hens preening in front of me in by the wood stove is rather mesmerizing.
For some reason my photos aren't uploading, so that's it for now. I'll add them here at a later date.
Even garage pigeon didn't want to go outside today, if that tells you how cold it is and why I'd rather just stay here on the couch to slow down and revel a little.
Cheers to all, and here's to love and respect and celebrating each other, every day.
Even garage pigeon didn't want to go outside today, if that tells you how cold it is and why I'd rather just stay here on the couch to slow down and revel a little.
Cheers to all, and here's to love and respect and celebrating each other, every day.
Nice update!xxMOM
ReplyDelete