
I'm not quite sure how I can be this tired. It's only 6:30 pm and I'm sitting here in fleece pj pants, still with my heavy Norwegian fisher sweater that almost wasn't enough to keep me warm out there today.
We were up early and had a full list of projects to tackle, mostly related to some horrible cold temperatures about to descend on us in the next few days. It was -17 C last night. It's only the middle of November!!! What the?? Oh well. It is what it is. A saying I hate but seems fitting here. Nothing to do but just do what you have to do.
Forget that hose that will no longer thread nicely on the frost free hydrant, and start hauling those water buckets. If you don't, you will flood the tack room. (Friday morning as I rushed around doing farm duties before my shift at TRC) No wonder I'm tired...This is the time of year my joints start to ache and I put on a few pounds of muscle just from hauling extra weight around.
I've put the wheel barrow away and now use the sled to haul things around. So much easier! I used it to haul in the electro netting that I pulled from the sheep pastures as well. I use it when mucking stalls. It's also great for working around Oakley and getting him used to dragging objects around and making noise.
![]() |
| Pulling fences. Serious windchill this day! |
I made a conscious effort last winter to drag it around his legs and behind him, praising him for being calm while I did it. I had no idea at that time we would find an amazing coach and actually progress this far with his driving training. Today I dragged the stone boat into his paddock and he didn't seem bothered by the new thing at all. I will leave it in his paddock all week, and hopefully our coach will come on Friday and we will be pasture surfing on it!
Some photos from this week:


![]() |
| Yes that's snow piled up outside...Trying to add some enrichment, bit by bit. A bowl full of alfalfa leaves from the sheep feeder, soaked and frozen in the round feed tub. It should thaw and allow the chooks to pick the leaves out. It was 22 C in here when it was - 7 C outside. The log has lots of crevices that I can put scratch and dried meal worms in, or hang bits of pumpkin from. |



![]() |
| Axle, always wants to be close but can't be touched. |






![]() |
| The swale brassicas and turnips are still green! |
JUST OVER TWO WEEKS UNTIL WE GET OUR WOOD STOVE!




Sorry it's so cold! Nice pictures! Fine job on those poly tunnels.xxMOM and Albert
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures!
ReplyDelete