Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Season of snow

 
 
Well, it's Christmas eve, and there's a blizzard raging out there.  As it should be I guess! It will be gorgeous tomorrow morning...
 
But Glenn will have to clear the driveway again, and the entrance to the paddock gate.  This is what he looks like after clearing our driveway, after only a few inches of snow fell:
 
 
 





Tonight we are having rum and eggnog, and finally decorating our Fraser fir we bought yesterday. 
 
He made beef stock, and is making French onion soup with homemade bread tonight.  The house smells great! (partly due to moving the poor guineas to the basement)
 
We gave a few dozen eggs to our neighbours as gifts-they are precious this time of year, after all.  It's rather surprising that we are getting almost a dozen a day, and that's not even counting the ones from the bantams!
 
Mom and Al arrive on boxing day : )  I can't believe I haven't seen them in 5.5 months! Too long!

Also happy to have Glenn home for two weeks on holiday.  We really need some quality time together-it's been a tough few months.
 
Wish I would wake up and find Lorpie under our tree....

No comments:

Post a Comment