Well that's what other people are doing. Not us. It's only 27 C out today but my brain has had about enough. The heat wave that blanketed Minnesota on Monday really took it out of me, and yesterday wasn't very kind either.
Lot's going on here, and I hope to write more soon. But for today I'm just drained, so I think a siesta is in order. I'm having trouble concentrating on pretty menial tasks. I'm basically so tired I feel like crying, so that's never good. I had been catching up on some much needed sleep while G was away in Vermont, but I'm definitely in deficit mode again. We have to sleep with the windows open during this heat, which means Mr. Flan crowing at 04:30 am startles us out of a deep sleep. Then the brain turns on....this on top of having a predator (99% positive that it's a raccoon) around makes for restless sleep.
I am making small mistakes at my internship, which is annoying since it's not even in technically challenging tasks, just those that require concentration. That and I'm pretty certain a volunteer killed one of the swallows I brought in, on her very first feeding. I was pretty upset and annoyed at that.
When I got home not too long ago I found Miss Pearl standing in the corner of her run, with her head down, comb colour awful, and pretty weak. I fear this will be her last few days with us.

Hopefully some sleep right now will make my outlook a little better for the rest of today, and the week.

No comments:
Post a Comment