Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Photos from this weekish

 
Oakley is doing better--I'd hate to jinx it, but not lame?? Planning on booking a lesson with our coach asap. I put his Aussie saddle on this morning just to make sure the girth still fit him...He's so magnificent--that's one of the only words that will do....I haven't seen him without his fly sheet for a while now since it's been so buggy, and I couldn't help but just stand there and admire him out in the field with petite little quarter horse Sir Winnicus. 
 
They enjoyed the cool morning, and pranced and bucked and ran a bit.  Winston can still turn on a dime, despite his age!  I like big butts and I cannot lie...Sorry for the 90s rap reference for those who don't get it--; ) But horses are so attractive due to their musculature, in part I think.  Winston neck reins so it will be a bit different for me since it's been so long since I 'really' rode a western trained horse. Giddyap.
 
SOME RANDOMS: 
 
The nightly sunset watch and bug hunting extravaganza.  Hard to believe we aren't at swallow carrying capacity yet...More nestlings in the barn right now! But then I remember how many bugs we have....Keep breeding PLEASE!!!
Nice tassles.
 

Sunflowers, wheat, nasturtiums, various types of corn.



Wait a sec...that's not a deer...
Axle demonstrating his bipedal browse technique.







He rears up, paddles with his front legs to catch some branches and hold on with his teeth until he comes down to earth...






2 comments:

  1. Love these photos! for my screen saver...you capture it, Dani!...xxMOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like big butts too!!! :)
    Can't wait to hear about your next lesson! Stay sound Oakley bear!

    ReplyDelete