I wish I would have started this blog/farm record a year ago. So many wonderful memories already. Like sitting at the edge of the grotto at dusk with my sweety while a short eared owl hunted in our field, then swooped by us and looked us right in the eyes...Or seeing Glenn marvel at fireflies (west coast boy had never seen them before!) Or the first time I whistled for Oakley and he came galloping towards me. All of these unexpected experiences...We really didn't know what we were getting into. But I guess with the right partner in life it's easier to take the road less travelled.
I've been a little surprised that I have had so much encouragement to start writing and documenting our unique experiences here. I'm not particularly well educated (in the traditional sense), I'm not well travelled, or well read. Maybe we always like to hear what other people are doing, whether we find it entertaining or bizarre or inspiring or curious.
I had what I consider to be a great compliment from a wonderful friend in Victoria. She said "I love how you see the world!". Albert commented that I "see everything in it's minutiae". I feel pretty lucky for that gift! The nice thing is that I think my senses are actually improving with age-lol. Good thing that something is! Perhaps it was just city life or a combination of that and my own self-involved life in my twenties that was so stifling before...
Whatever the reason, we're here now, and there is a lot to experience, and by experience I mean all 5 (6?) senses involved. It's not all goodness and light of course, so seeing as this is my blog I reserve the right to rant about the weather, bugs, plastic bags, gun-loving folks and the cruelty of nature whenever the mood strikes me. But mostly I'll be trying to describe all the beauty and wonder out there. Now if you'll excuse me there's a guinea hen calling from the basement and I need to go check on her.
No comments:
Post a Comment