Grey, windy and snow/rain today. I believe 'bleck' is the proper descriptor. Lounging over breakfast, listening to our favourite farming podcast (chickenthistlefarm). Captain Jack and Tulip were very entertaining this morning--bantams really are sweet house pets. Jack knows the routine-he sits on my lap and preens while I type or surf, but Tulip just won't sit still and tries to jump up on the keyboard unless I tuck her in my sweater where she will fall asleep, or put her on my shoulder where she'll roost happily and talk in my ear.
Since all the garden beds are still snow covered, and only cold tolerant seedlings can go in the hoop house, we have too many big seedlings inside, so we have to set up another set of grow lights and transplant any that are getting too leggy. G has gone out to get more wood for his latest project--any excuse to use his new fancy mitre saw ; )
It's too windy and crazy out there to try and ride Oak bear today--he's pretty spun. Maybe just some lunging or ground training. He's so smart and fun to work with. Yesterday after I rode Oak's new potential pasture mate I wanted to check his feet, and the silly guy wouldn't lift them for me, until my trainer neighbour pushed a pressure point in his shoulder and he lifted his foot.
These western trained horses seem to respond to much different cues that I remember or was ever trained on. Oakley will now lift his foot if I point at it! Did I mention how smart he is?
What is he building?
ReplyDeleteA new permanent chook house to go right beside the garden, for our favourite (and oldest) chooks. Having them out in the chook house near the barn all summer was just too far away... Our other 2 groups of chooks with roosters were in large chicken tractors in the backyard, until winter when we had the horse run-in turned into the 'chicken palace'.
ReplyDelete