It's been a while! So much going on on the farm these days. It's 90 degrees here today and every time I go out to do work I end up feeling sick. Yesterday I at least managed to get scything done around the chook palace before it got too hot.
I'm hoping for big rain tonight. Our pond is so low this year, and middle field wetland has completely dried up.
Unfortunately I let all of these radishes spoil....I have aspirations of many litres of kimchi to take us through the winter. So now that G harvested all of our garlic I have a few patches in the garden to seed some more. Black spanish and Pusa gulabi.
Our road was torn up for a while before repaving. Coach Steve and I took Oakley for a much needed walk down the road. He had to deal with all sorts of scary things like transport trucks and roller trucks and huge orange signs. I was very proud of him. It was good for us to get out. I don't ride him down the road by myself since he gets too worked up and head strong. Winston is too small for G to ride so we can't go together. I guess I'll just have to keep dreaming we will be able to do that together someday.
Too bad the road is paved now. It was so nice and quiet. People didn't drive so fast.
Here's dreaming of a farm on an old dirt road some day in the future.



No comments:
Post a Comment