Wednesday, December 16, 2015

***

Tomorrow I will take Sassy Duck to be euthanized.  This morning I found our beautiful hen Pickle dead in the chook palace.  After a long day of running stupid errands for our green card application and then shopping for clothes for a wedding we are attending this weekend I couldn't bring myself to do her necropsy tonight, I just got through an hour or so of night chores out in the wind and snow, and came inside to sit by the wood stove with Kitten the banty tucked on my lap while I spun some of Miss Oats wool. G made soup at my request. It helped.

I guess I'm still in shock and in sadness. G tried his best to distract me while I picked out 'girl clothes' for the wedding, and we actually did have a nice time together despite being in a huge shopping mall pre-Christmas, a place neither of us would normally choose to be.  I am so grateful to be married to my best friend.

Hoping for some answers tomorrow, and maybe some peace to follow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment