I'm heading home for a visit at the end of the month. Of course this brings up mixed feelings! I haven't seen my parents in many months, but it's really difficult for me to leave the farm.
Luckily G can take a few days off, as many people in his office are doing that as well. Daylight savings time is not great for farmers. Normally he wouldn't get home until over an hour past sundown, and that's just not safe for our birds who aren't in secure enclosures and are free range during the day.
I have much to get done today before a major rain and wind storm hits us around 4 pm. Treat Oakley's abcessed foot, Winston's sheath, move anything in the yard that could be damaged or blown away, add some straps to Oakley's new rain coat, and I'd really like to put the winter covers on the bees if I have time. I should harvest any of the herbs and delicate plants that could be flattened.
Click your heels three times.
No comments:
Post a Comment