Thursday, November 7, 2013

Winter is here--a gentle start.

Well today's the day. Farrier. I could have never predicted that that word would fill me with aggravation. I think I'll annoy him right back and insist on taking photos of Winny's foot after trimming and before shoeing.
 
So to combat this stress I decided that dark chocolate powder in my coffee was warranted, and I've made a pizza bagel with Glenn's yummy tomato basil spread.  Comfort food on a damp ice fog day, with Captain Jack and Tulip preening on my lap before I headed out. Mitigation techniques approved and recorded for future use...



Yesterday was our first snowy day of the season, and it was truly beautiful! Sunny, sparkly, the birds chirping and nyeeping away (the nuthatch nyeeps), the young chooks trying to figure out what all the cold white stuff on the ground is, and whether they should eat it or be scared of it.






 


Snow-covered kale bed that we didn't have a chance to put a hoop house over--G is working ridiculous hours at work and had planned to get this done one night after work-but there's only so much that can be done...The kale will battle on.
 
 
Well the farrier just called and said he'd be early. What a pain. I wanted to try a new magnesium supplement for Oak to see if that makes him chill out a bit, but it needs at least 90minutes to work.  Maybe I'll just take it myself....
Will make a quick run to the feed store in Stillwater and pick up our special order  Mazuri gamebird food for the banties--I'm still concerned the layer crumble isn't very good for them--for their beaks (beak infections can be caused in part by dusty food) for their immune systems and for their plumage.
 
 
But here's a good lookin' little man:
 
 
Copper the OEG-- such a sweet little guy!! He always looks great.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment