Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Looking forward

So although our main computer with all of my 2016 photos is in the shop with suspected ransomware, I'm able to be blogging due to a very nice little gift of a chromebook from G.  It's nice to have something portable and safe with good battery life. I've missed out on writing so many stories and recording so many moments this year--our other laptop is heavy and the replacement battery failed after only a year. Sometimes technology can really help you out, mostly it annoys me.

But the right tool for the right job? Something I'm very fond of.  This weekend that meant G and I teaming up to get all of the waste hay out of the barn so I can clean everything  in preparation for our winter hay stores. My back wasn't up to carrying bales and G didn't want to spend hours with the wheel barrow on a Sunday afternoon when he'd rather be in the kitchen preserving the harvest.

So we decided to work smarter, not harder.  He was able to drive the tractor right into the barn where I could fork the hay into the loader bucket. It was still a hot dusty moldy sweaty endeavour on my part, but getting it done in a fraction of the time was very rewarding.




Filtering our honey from hive 3

The seaberries are ready for harvest!

G went out for a walk and picked a basket full of crab apples from out near the hay field.  He made some fantastic wild crab apple jelly from them!


House hen Fern is still with us.  She passed more lash egg this morning.  Not sure what's next. Hoping for the best!


1 comment: