Thursday, September 25, 2014

Artisans are engineers too--this is super cool!







G is buying me a spinning wheel for our four year wedding anniversary next week.  I'm super excited! 

So while I stand here in the kitchen shredding zucchini with our terrifying Oster kitchen chopper (it's so loud I feel like I should clamp it to the counter so it doesn't take flight) I am watching spinning videos on you tube.  I have never really gotten interested in the preserving of our harvest--I far prefer all of the other steps.  And of course skip to the end--I enjoy eating it all. 

I'd never heard of a hackle before--what a brilliant but simple design. Turn up your speakers!  Alpaca, mohair, merino, silk. Who'd want to buy a Walmart scarf when you could make one out of this??

This is one cool grandma.

Miss you Grammy Ironside.  I know you'd be thrilled that I'm exploring my creative side again. I can't wait to build a craft room like yours--the one I used to marvel at when I was little.  

xo



No comments:

Post a Comment