The sheep are ok! That was terrifying. I'll post photos of the offending plant soon. Right now I have my very good friend Jen here for a visit, so I'm a little busy!
Yesterday started with a thunder storm, then changed into torrential fat rain with thunder and lightning accompanying. Our new cistern is about 75% full!! (full it would be 275 gallons I think). Middle field is full again, and the swales are as well.
Oakley and Winston stayed out in the rain, and I thought they were fine until I brought them off the pasture (they aren't allowed to eat grass all day) and noticed that enormous Oakley was shivering!! Poor guy! So they both got warm blankets and spent the rest of the day in the barn, until it was time for a short evening turnout.
Supposed to be hot today. I'm hoping it will be comfortable and perfect weather for a bbq on the deck, since this is Jen's last night here. I made sure to get Winny's stall cleaned and picked out the sand paddock already before the heat brings the flies...
Now it's time for more coffee, and second breakfast.
No comments:
Post a Comment